Monday, March 29, 2010

How sweet it is.

As Harper and I got dressed this morning, we were serenaded by James Taylor.  Well, via iTunes, but still!  The two of us were born to sing and dance.  It might not be pretty, but we just can't help ourselves!  It makes my heart smile to watch HP bust a move at any given moment - with music or without.  She sings, too, with a splash of soul added.  Seriously, whenever she sings, her face looks like she is belting out the blues.  Such emotion!  James, buddy, I agree with you.  It is so sweet to be loved by Harper Elle Peel.  Like jelly, baby.  (The kind without high fructose corn syrup, of course.)

So, as you might have guessed, mediation worked.  Harper and I are back on good terms.  I haven't blogged in a couple weeks (thanks for pointing that out, Sgt. Alyssa!), and it was partly because I didn't want to jinx our string of wonderful days.  The sun returned, sleep returned, naps made a comeback... Life will never be perfect, but at least we can say that we're all putting forth our best effort!  And when you're dealing with two stubborn 29-year olds and a stubborn 18-month old, that oughta count for something.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you have had such a lovely time with your daughter the past few weeks. I did notice you were not blogging and hoped all was well. When these little people get sick it really can knock them about and make them really cranky, often for a week or two. The good thing is that when they are finally better and happy again you both feel fabulous!

    Have a wonderful week

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!! I'm glad life at the Peelton is back to normal (but I am really glad that you blogged). You see, when you don't blog I feel an emptiness inside. How can I watch over you if I have no idea what is going on in your home? So, I will sit here with my Sgt. hat patiently awaiting the next riveting entry from my favorite Wacoan. Love you!

    ReplyDelete