Sunday, February 15, 2009

Five months and counting!

Amazingly, Harper is five-months-old today. I say amazingly for two reasons. First, I am amazed that five months have already gone by! Second, if you saw the way Harper drives, you too would be amazed! (Jenny Breyer may or may not have given Harper a series of driving lessons in her convertible. She is still working on getting an actual license, but that may take her another fifteen years.) We still have work to do on her horn etiquette. She tends to be a tad aggressive when it comes to honking!

Harper has changed so much over the last month. Part of my perception may be attributable to the fact that I'm with her 24 hours a day again. Between 3-4 months, I only saw her for three hours before bedtime and on weekends. However, since I've been home with her for the last month, we've returned to BFF status. Most of the time, I can read her like a book. I can decipher the cues that signal basic problems like hunger, sleepiness or the need for a diaper change. I can even decipher signals for more complicated feelings of boredom or "I'm just not that into you." Don't get me wrong, we still have our share of "WTF was that?" moments, but they are the exception and not the rule.

I think she is getting close to sitting up unassisted. She touches and grabs everything. Her hands have become very useful tools for exploring! She grabbed Jeff's keys as we coasted by the bookshelf earlier today, and she tried to steal his boxers off the dresser, too. Baby proofing is definitely is our near future!

She eats food now, too. Well, she eats food of the mashed variety, but you get the idea! Her palate has expanded beyond prunes and bananas to include pears, applesauce, peas, butternut squash and avocados. She would eat anything and everything if she could...you should see the way she stares at me with her mouth open while I eat my scrambled eggs in the mornings! Sorry, Harper, but I think you've got a long way to go before eggs are approved in your diet!

Anyhoo, I know this entry is lame, but I wanted to throw something out here. The blog looked all sad and lonely, which is no way for a blog to be on Valentine's weekend! (Harper says "thanks" to all of you who sent her cards--she'll be mailing hers out belatedly tomorrow!)

Hope everyone has a great week! Jeff will be in Houston from Weds-Sat, so Harper, Wrigs, and I plan to enjoy some girl time! Wine and formula for all! ;)

3 comments:

  1. So you're telling me this would have been the opportune opportunity to hang out with you guys? When are we going to get some face time with you and HP? I mean, it's not like either of us have jobs or anything....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you need company...I'll gladly partake in the wine (NOT formula!) drinking!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never leave my wif alone with this baby - We'll never se them again lol - She is incredibly cute - Big A, Lil A, and Dawayne we be proud

    ReplyDelete