Monday, December 22, 2008

Milk and wine are mighty fine!

Thanks to the generosity of Jeff's mom, Toni, I am a new member of Sam's Club. I am amazed by this store and the awesomeness that is bulk shopping. Harper and I ventured out on Friday to run a number of errands. We stopped by Sam's with the intent of picking up Similac formula, and we left with two ginormous containers of said formula that should fuel Harper for at least two weeks. We also left with seven bottles of wine, which might last three days if Toni and I get together! Never shop when you're thirsty...isn't that the saying? ;)

As you may infer from the bulk formula and wine purchase, I have recently retired from breastfeeding. Harper consumed her last drops of breast milk this weekend. I've been nursing her part-time since Thanksgiving, and it finally came down to the point to quit entirely. We made it three months, which isn't too shabby in my book. Life as a feeding trough was a tad too stressful for me, particularly once I headed back to the office. I had hoped to make it longer, but I am happy with the good start I was able to give her. Now that we are solely bottle feeding, Jeff and I are able to share more of the work. I'm sure he was thrilled to take over the 4am feeding shift! An added bonus--Harper seems to like both of her parents equally as she now associates us both with food. Ol' Milky Jenkins...she doesn't care where it comes from as long as it makes its way into her belly!

In other news, we have finalized our Christmas plans and finished Christmas shopping. We will celebrate Christmas with my family at our house on Christmas Eve, and then we will head off to Abilene on Christmas morning to celebrate with the extended Peel family. Two hours is the longest Punkie has ridden in a car, and the drive to Abilene is at least twice as long. Maybe we can read the dozen new books I bought her for Christmas, and then settle in for a nice long nap together. Driver excluded, of course!

In case I don't get a chance to blog again this week, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy everything. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment