Friday, May 23, 2008

It's in my head...

I referred to myself as "mom" this afternoon. It was only in my head, but that was all it took. The realization has set in. I am a mom. Not tomorrow, not in four months, but today. I was thinking of how it is my responsibility to take care of myself, but also to take care of this little girl, Harper. I pictured her (well, it was more of an audio clip) calling me "mom" and telling me to take care of her. It was a strange feeling, yet possibly one of the best, for the idea to become tangible...I am a mom. I am many things, and I am a mom.

She kicked me just then, I swear! See, she is already embarrased by me, but she'll get over it in 20 or so years. :)

1 comment:

  1. Its great!, being a mom I mean! and I know that you are/will be a great one!

    ReplyDelete