Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tiny dancer in my hand...

I thought I could convince Jeff to blog a bit last week, but apparently I wasn't as convincing as I had hoped.

Jeff felt Harper move for the first time last Monday, and it was a rather momentous event! I have been lucky enough to feel her movin' and shakin' for the last few weeks as I am her landlord for the time being. She moves the most when I am sitting at my desk at work, or when I rest late in the evenings. Last Monday, I was lounging on the couch in the office while Jeff worked/played on the laptop. I rested my hand on my belly out of curiousity as she started her evening recital. Then, "pow!" I felt her tae-bo kick from the inside and out--what a crazy feeling! I yelled for Jeff to come over and try it, though I am sure he thought I was playing another prank on him. He put his hand on my belly in semi-disbelief, that is, until the ol' Mini Peel gave her dear Dad a swift punch in the palm of his hand. The look on Jeff's face would definitely have qualified as a Kodak moment. It was priceless---his eyes were so wide, and his smile so big! As I mentioned, her dance recital had just begun, so Jeff was able to feel her move around quite a bit.

If this blog entry had a soundtrack, my favorite song would be the obvious choice. Ahh, these are the days!
And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand...

No comments:

Post a Comment