Tuesday, August 12, 2008

it's raining, it's pouring...

I've been a bad blogger again, and I apologize! The past two weeks have been a whirlwind of activity to say the least--we've had a couple of showers (of both the baby and rain variety), my ten-year high school reunion, out of town trips, friends in town, our one-year wedding anniversary and more!

My office threw a shower for Harper week before last, and it was great fun. My coworkers put a lot of effort into the event, and it all came together so nicely. It really meant a lot to Jeff and I - we were definitely touched by their kindness. Besides, where else could I expect to see a "Waco We Do" baby bib? I can so picture Harper dragging that sweet bunny rabbit by his ears once she becomes a mobile bi-ped! To any of my Chamber friends that may be reading this - thanks again for everything!

I'll spare you too many details of my high school reunion. It was great to catch up with some old friends, and I wish I had been more proactive with my digital camera. There wasn't enough time to talk to all the people I would have liked to catch up with, but I should have known that would be the case. It didn't help that two late-night events that I would have loved to participate in were held at smokey bars. I didn't think Harper would appreciate the smog, so I passed. Wrigley joined us for the tour of the Ellison HS that morning, and I think she thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm confident she can pass the TAKS test, and we are hoping she can graduate in the spring! ;)

Alyssa came in town on Saturday to hang out and do a little prep work for the shower on Sunday. I'd insert a photo of our time on Lake Waco, but unfortunately, Alyssa's digi cam died a quick, yet tragic, death as a huge wave jumped into the front of the boat and drowned our bag. I'll just tell you that we looked good, and you'll have to take my word on it. :)

The shower on Sunday was absolutely wonderful. It was graciously hosted by Breyer, Alyssa, Lara, Tiff, Sherri (Breyer's mom) and Linda (Tiff's mom). I was completely and utterly overwhelmed by the generosity and thoughtfulness of everyone in attendance (and even those that couldn't make it). Everything was perfect - the food, the subconscious coordination of all of us wearing shades of blue, the crossword puzzle (I'm not surprised few could guess my pregnancy craving of fresh pineapple and yogurt!), the quiz guessing Jeff's answers (harder than I thought it would be!), the decor... I could go on and on. Of course, the gifts were bountiful and great, but I was truly touched by the kind words and gestures extended by every single one of those ladies. I admit that I teared up a bit thinking about all of them on the way home from Mrs. Breyer's house that afternoon. I am truly blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life, and better yet, Harper will get to know and love these people as she grows up, too. (Ok, I've had enough with the preggo hormones - I am tearing up all over again. To self: "Get a hold of yourself, man!") I've got a busy night ahead of myself writing thank you notes - suspiciously Jeff is out of town for the rest of the week. Good timing on his part! ;)
P.S. I have about had it with Target and their registry/return policy. I'll save that rant for another day. I am sad to report that my love affair with Target is currently on the rocks!

P.S.S. Happy Anniversary to us - one year down and many, many more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment