Tuesday, September 9, 2008

are we there yet??

This morning's appointment was our last one at Dr. Koeritz's office. It has been kind of fun to meet Jeff there every four weeks, two weeks and then weekly. We usually scheduled the appointment right before lunch, so we could hang out and grab a bite afterwards. Usually our discussions included talk of what in the heck we have gotten ourselves into...a mix of feelings ranging from excitement to nervousness, back to excitement, and then to "this is the best ever jalapeno cheeseburger." (Ok, off topic on that last bit, but I couldn't help but recall how fantastic of a burger I had for lunch today! Go to Britt's Burger Barn in Waco immediately and I promise you won't regret it!)

We are now at week 39 and counting down until Monday, September 15th, otherwise known as D-Day. We received our marching orders from Dr. K. Report to Hillcrest by 5:30 a.m. on Monday (Jeff, that includes you, pal!) to check in and prepare for the induction. Dr. K will arrive around 8 a.m., and we'll get the ball rolling! There is no telling when Harper will make her grand debut, but I hope she will come easily and without excess coercion. We'll just have to wait and see! I know some people would feel gypped at not going through the labor experience completely naturally, but I am not one of them. The planning and scheduling suit my personality just fine! However, I would be 100% happy if Harper decides to come at any time between now and Monday!

I asked Dr. K to estimate Harper's size today. He thinks she might be in the range of 7.5-7.75 lbs. I hear those estimations are never accurate (hence, the estimation aspect of it all), but it was nice to hear that he didn't think she would be a nine-pounder. Speaking of weight, mine went down a pound (19). I don't really get how that works, but it hasn't caused any concern with my doctor and Harper appears to continue growing regardless. The fundus height has held steady at 36 weeks, well, since 36 weeks. Dilation is not quite at 2cm. These details are interesting to some, while utterly boring and irrelevant to others... my opinion is this: I am ready to not be pregnant any longer. Number me this, riddle me that - let's just get on with the show!

And I repeat: ARE WE THERE YET?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment