Monday, April 6, 2009

Have you seen this child?

It was a rather ordinary day. A Wednesday, perhaps? Harper and I were hanging out in the living room on her new Crayola-colored foam floor mats along with an assortment of toys. I had to pee, so I exited stage left to the nearest restroom.

I was gone for a maximum of 37 seconds, I swear. As I reentered the living room, a flurry of thoughts careened through my head.

Where is Harper? Weren't we just in the living room? On the mats, right? She was sitting up on the green square--or was it the yellow square--attempting to eat her plastic snail teething toy, wasn't she? Am I losing my mind? Is it time for lunch yet? (Editor's note: I am easily distracted and often hungry.) We were in the living room, I know it! I didn't hear a door open, so I'm assuming no one stole my baby. Right? Where is she?!?!

Oh, there she is. Under the couch. Duh!


3 comments:

  1. LOL... so cute! She is getting a move on these days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! This is toooo funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is too funny! She is so stinkin cute! we need to get the girls together soon!

    ReplyDelete