Friday, April 10, 2009

Piece of quiet

Naps aren't scheduled at our house. They happen whenever and wherever the need presents itself. The purple blanket is a necessity. Ditto for the pacifier. More often than not, Harper's nap time = my chore time. The "experts" advise moms to nap when their child naps. Ha! Do magic fairies stop by to clean the house, feed the dogs, take out the trash and pay the bills while mom and baby doze off together into dream land? Ummm, yeah, that's what I thought!

This morning I'm just hoping her nap will: (a) last for more than fifteen minutes, and (b) give me a chance to sit down for once and let my brain unwind. When she wakes up, we'll both feel refreshed!

Who loves nap time? I do, I do! Peace and quiet seem like too much to ask for, so today I'll just settle for a piece of quiet.


1 comment: