Thursday, July 16, 2009

Feelin' hot hot hot...

In case you haven't noticed, it's H-O-T outside. (And in case you haven't noticed, I capitalize all the letters in a word separated by hyphens for added emphasis. L-O-V-E it or H-A-T-E it!) After nearly 15 years of living in Texas, I still can't quite handle the heat of a Texas summer. Like I tell Jeff, I was practically born in a Chicago blizzard! I can make a snow angel like it's nobody's business, but this heat? No thank you! Some people may even tell you that I become slightly irritable in the heat...it's kind of like an unconfirmed rumor. ;)

Harper and I have taken to running errands in the mornings and sticking around the house in the afternoons. I've gotten quite a bit of cleaning and organizing done around the house this week. In the meantime, HP and Miss Piggy have been left to their own devices. (Well, sometimes they ask for my help!) Here is a sample of the ways they've found to entertain themselves...


A friendly game of tug-o-war...


Fetch


Best buds!


Free wagon rides through the house...step right up!


Wrigley jumped ship.


Harper's new favorite spot: the fridge. She'd stand in there for an hour if we'd let her!
In closing, a line from a movie classic...
"It's too damn hot for a penguin to just be walking around here!"

2 comments:

  1. Your kid is too cute for words. I love that Wrig is just her size. If she tried to play tug of war with my 75lb. "child" she wouldn't need that wagon ride around the house, the dog would be dragging her! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't spell words out loud... that's weird!

    ReplyDelete