1. Laying on Harper's bedroom floor. She barrels over to me and begins her climb-and-dive routine. We wrestle and we laugh. We call for "Piggy," and we laugh some more when she trots into the room. I don't think about anything else while I'm pinned to the ground by my girls, except possibly, "will you politely step off my throat so I may breathe?" It's peaceful down there with them.
2. McDonald's soft serve ice cream cones. A frosty bit of heaven can be had for under a buck. Das ist gute! Kinda like the dipped cones my Grandpa and I used to get from DQ, only without the messy chocolate shell...and without the Grandpa who doesn't show up for your wedding. McD's wins without a fight!
3. A clean house. I vacuumed and mopped during Harper's naps today. It felt good. I keep hearing people say that you should lower your standards of cleanliness for your home once you have kids--at least if you want to grasp on to any remaining strands of sanity. Well, I'm just not buying it. I like my house to be clean, and I like to be the one who cleans it. Call me crazy!
4. Pei Wei. I love me some Asian food, but I've really been digging on Pei Wei lately. I think I could eat there every day. Anyone wanna bet me?? :) I am sad that the Thai Mango Chicken is gone until next year. Dang seasonal entrees.
5. Micheladas. Jeff introduced me to them on our honeymoon, and I've yet to taste one as delicious since we left Puerta Vallarta. My recipe isn't bad, but I have yet to replicate P.V.! If we had any Pacifico in the fridge, I'd be on top of the world!
6. Jeff. He is just absurd, ridiculous, silly, frustrating, hard-working, dedicated, relentless, crafty, amusing, and the list goes on. The number of times I want to hang him by his toenails is only slightly surpassed by the number of times I crack up laughing at his squirrely antics. Gotta love him!
7. The Dyson. It's a well-kept secret, but I just love my vacuum cleaner! I'm filled with a special kind of satisfaction when I dump the canister o' dirt into the trash. Weird, I know.
8. Being outside. And speak of the devil, it's time to get out there. Can we say "laaaaaaake?!" Or at the very least "pool?" 4th of July weekend has officially commenced!