Friday, July 31, 2009

Where's my snack pack?

Who knew that "back to school" season would have any relevance in the life of a ten-month old? Harper begins Mother's Day Out in one month, and I feel like I'm getting ready for a school year. She needs a backpack, a lunch bag, her name written on every item she owns...the whole works. I'll pack her lunch in the morning, along with a change of clothes and a stash of diapers. We haven't left the house that prepared since Harper was ten weeks old. Heck, who am I kidding? It was more like two weeks. Maybe this MDO deal will help get me back on track. At the very least, it will ensure that we are all dressed, fed and out the door before 9 a.m. Progress!

Sometime over the next few weeks, we can expect to meet Harper's teacher. I'm curious about the other kiddos in her class. Her birthday is two weeks shy of the cut-off date for the next class, so she will undoubtedly be the oldest of her classmates. I just hope the other kids are at or near her age--there just isn't much HP is going to learn from a room full of wee babies. Ah well, she'll be giving noogies non-stop no matter the age difference!

Likewise, I'm also headed back to school in a couple weeks. I haven't earned the right to a fancy new backpack or a snazzy lunch sack, but my deal is even better. I'll be lucky enough to have the opportunity to write a five-gazillion page paper on... ... ... ... Yeah, I got nothing. Buckle your seat belts, because this is going to be a bumpy ride! For me, at least. The most Harper will have to worry about is whether or not Mom remembered to pack her snack pack.

And of course, I will have.

No comments:

Post a Comment