Miss HP hit the eleven-month mark on Saturday, which also happened to be her friend Carter's first birthday! I really cannot believe we are a mere month away from that mile marker ourselves. You know what they say, time flies when you're having fun! Time also flies when you are:
- refilling sippy cups with milk,
- reminding HP that there are more important things in life to protest than a quick bath,
- convincing her that there is no need to scream bloody murder during a diaper change,
- reading and rereading Haiku Baby for the 1,897th time,
- turning back to the page with the fox an extra time or two because apparently foxes are super funny (hip-hippo-hippopotamuses are hilarious, too!),
- making the tiniest, elf-sized sandwiches for lunch and hoping that she doesn't give it to the dog instead of eating it herself,
- wiping off the highchair, tray, table, ottoman, couch, floor, toys, scale, dog (Piggy takes the risk of waiting underneath the highchair!)...really, any inanimate object or slow moving pet in our house,
- doing the umpteenth load of laundry for the week,
- snuggling, especially when it isn't forced, and smelling that sweet head of hair, or
- watching how much progress has been made in the last month of walking.
I could go on and on, but you get the idea. Some of this is fun, and a lot of it is hard. Even so, I think we would agree at the end of the day that this has been worth all of our effort! And so we keep on, keepin' on! :)
Happy 11 months, Harper!
Nana Peel founds lots of Daddy's old friends to watch over Harper while she napped.
Popsicle time with Poppa Peel!
You don't need a license to drive a golf cart, do ya?
She likes to point at all the picture frames around the house, especially if she is the subject!
She loves her Baby Bevo!
Me thinks that gas station attendant is cross-eyed.
Harper engages in her first cat fight with her friend, Cambell. I threw a second ball into the ring, so they both came out victorious!
Harper and her bud, Carter. Just chillin'!
She is a baby of many faces. We're gonna need a pass to the Mayborn, ASAP! :)
Running barefoot through the Waco Chamber building. Thankfully, it was a slow afternoon for them that day!
Running to play golf in the house with Daddy.
She carries a big stick, er, club!
I wish we could get away with a ball pit at our house, but Wrigley would wreck shop in no time flat!